Saturday, January 4, 2014

Winter Snowstorm Warning

 I went to bed exhausted after a long day of school and work, but was unable to sleep very well.  The culprit was worry and fretting over something I have absolutely no control over.... THE WEATHER!! I  had my head so buried in the busyness of school and preparing to travel that I was not even aware of the weatherman's predictions until I arrived at work.  Well not only was it the 3rd day of the month (social security money in account to pay for medicines), the weatherman's warning of impending storm had EVERYONE swarming into the pharmacy wanting their medication NOW!!! I quickly learned that we are in area where they are predicting 8-12 inches of snow!! NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING FOR CHINA AT THE SAME TIME!!  I definitely have not been able to practice what I preach to my children, "Ninety percent of what we worry about never occurs, so don't worry about the what-ifs." I keep reminding myself that weathermen are often wrong and that God is in control of this situation! We are almost all packed and Chris wants me to finish in case we do leave early to get to Chicago.  The day will be spent once again checking things off the travel list of to do's that seems to keep growing instead of getting smaller HA!!
 I am comforted by the verse, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

2 comments:

  1. Praying for u jen! Love u all. Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that is the verse I think about immediately during life's bumps.
    Praying for you and your beautiful daughter

    ReplyDelete