Friday, January 10, 2014

Touring Beijing

We had a very full day of sight seeing today. The Great Wall was awesome to see and a challenge to climb. Cameron slept for 5 hours after the climb!! We are all having a great time with one GREAT challenge... The food!! The kids are not impressed with Chinese food and Madisyn thinks she is going to starve. According to Madisyn and Cameron even Subway is not the same here. Sigh!!
We are traveling with 10 other families and are enjoying getting to know each other. One in our group has waited nearly nine years to meet her little girl( I can't imagine). We are so happy that one other couple is getting a little one very close to Rhylan's age from Sanmenxia too. We are getting SO close to getting our little Rhylan.
My brother was right when he said that the driving here is crazy and crossing the street hazardous! They believe in honking horns too....ALL the time. Hoping to sleep better tonight because I am so tired and was grouchy today. The jet lag, time difference,and wall climbing is catching up with me and tomorrow my body will feel it. Madisyn said that everyone is more interested in pictures than what I have to say so I am going to try to post some of our sights from today. Love to all from Beijing!!!

5 comments:

  1. love reading the updates. So glad you made it there safely. Praying for you. Look forward to meeting our niece! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,Enjoying hearing how your doing! Your doing a great job (you're right Madisyn, Pictures will be great!) I can't talk, I'm just figuring out how to comment. So excited!! Have a great time & GOD BE WITH YOUS!!.. We are praying He puts his loving arms around yous, and guides & protects yous. Miss you guys. Hang in there with food!! Ha Ha It will get better, in a couple of weeks!!!!!
    Love Yas, Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes so far my ears are doing GREAT!!!!!! I had these special thingys (I don't know what there called. Hopefully I do ok on the remaining four flights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deana!!! That was from Madisyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing what you are doing and experiencing! It takes me back to our trip 6 1/2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete