Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thinking of Rhylan and Pre-Travel Emotions

Excitement, edge of your seat nail-biting nervousness, sadness, regret, and the constant feeling of butterflies in the stomach are some of the emotions/feelings I have had lately.  Time cannot go fast enough and yet it is going waaaay too fast!!  So much to do before we leave and SO much packing!!! We are so excited to get her and what once felt like a dream we are realizing is going to become a reality.  Nervousness because we wonder how she will react/bond etc.  We have been planning for her for so long, but she has not been planning for us.  We will soon turn her world upside down COMPLETELY!!!  Regret for having to do that and a deep sadness when I think of her birth mother.
Please pray that we can get/stay healthy.  Right now 2 travelers in our family are sick! I found this poem today and it made me think of Rhylan so far away and so unaware of how her life is about to change.  PLEASE PRAY FOR A SMOOTH TRANSITION FOR HER!!! 
How Could You Know?
As you lay sleeping far away as still as you could be....
How could you know the joy today this photo brings to me?
A few short weeks and you'll be mine, and "I" will soon be "We."
How could you know the love I feel? It's something you can't see.
So have sweet dreams, my precious babe.
Sleep well and tenderly.  Some say that you're the lucky one.  How could you know it's me (us).
--Kris Laughlin

1 comment: